Today's marketing leaders ignore the impact of fundamental business principles, ignoring the need to adjust their leadership styles during a time of change:
- Transformational changes within industries
- Organizational changes within businesses
- Expectation changes with clients and partners
- Internal team changes
Without proper leadership, company and product messaging and positioning have negative impacts on culture, productivity and relationships. And this impact is felt with clients, partners and internal teams.
This impact also creates a distraction in brand equity and demand-generation efforts that modern organizations depend on for key partnerships and recurring revenue.
To me, building deep relationships is the key to massive, long-term success.
About the author ...
Hi. I'm Wil.
An expert in delivering B2B communications initiatives, my background is in business development, marketing, technology and telecom. A few notable things about my career:
- Creator of the original Atlassian User Group model, connecting users around the world with Atlassian, its employees and its partners
- Data analytics for Align Communications, delivering a new lead generation relationship model for data center and managed services clients
- Digital transformation for Blackfoot Communications, creating automation and transactional-based programs for wholesale, enterprise, small business and residential audiences
Author and publisher of three books:
- How to Build a Small Business Marketing Plan (link)
- Food Trucks: Increase your sales with new revenue opportunities and customer experiences (link)
- Wil's Travel Guides: Phoenix, AZ (link)
When not delivering transformational communications projects, I'm usually traveling, taking photos and tasting new coffee. Supporting an odd combination of the Cleveland Browns, Liverpool FC and the New York Mets keeps me grounded.
Stats for nerds (and sponsors) ...
- Typical weekly web traffic: 2,500–3,500
- Typical monthly web traffic: 9,000–12,000
- Geo: 46% of unique users are in the United States
- Email open rate: 40+% open rate floor
- Email member growth: 4+%
- Last updated: Thursday, June 2, 2022
How to follow and share ...
- Read my articles via email (link)
- Read my articles via web (link)
- Read my articles via RSS (link)
- Find me on Twitter (link)
My posting schedule ...
I publish articles, newsletters and podcast episodes sporadically throughout the week, with a goal to publish each piece by 5AM Pacific time. The types of pieces I publish include:
- Articles, newsletters and podcast episodes focused on the impact of business and technology on marketing
- Weekly personal thoughts from my experience that are focused on today's trends, and that include photos and videos taken by me
- A weekly news round up
When subscribing to my updates, you can select to receive all updates or my weekly news, or only receive podcast notifications. (You can sign up for free or for an annual fee.)
The few days that don't include new posts:
- Personal or sick days
- Federal holidays
- Sundays (mostly)
Updated June 12, 2022.