Today's marketing leaders ignore the impact of fundamental business principles, ignoring the need to adjust their leadership styles during a time of change:
- Transformational changes within industries
- Organizational changes within businesses
- Expectation changes with clients and partners
- Internal team changes
Without proper leadership, company and product messaging and positioning have negative impacts on culture, productivity and relationships. And this impact is felt with clients, partners and internal teams.
This impact also creates a distraction in brand equity and demand-generation efforts that modern organizations depend on for key partnerships and recurring revenue.
To me, building deep relationships is the key to massive, long-term success.
About the author ...
Hi. I'm Wil.
An expert in delivering B2B communications initiatives, my background is in business development, marketing, technology and telecom. A few notable things about me:
- Creator of the original Atlassian User Group model, connecting users around the world with Atlassian, its employees and its partners
- Data analytics for Align Communications, delivering a new lead generation sales model for data center and managed services clients
- Digital transformation for Blackfoot Communications, communicating internal knowledge and expertise to an expanding audience
Author and publisher of three books:
- How to Build a Small Business Marketing Plan (link)
- Food Trucks: Increase your sales with new revenue opportunities and customer experiences (link)
- Wil's Travel Guides: Phoenix, AZ (link)
When not delivering transformational communications projects, I'm usually traveling, taking photos and tasting new coffee. Supporting an odd combination of the Cleveland Browns, Liverpool FC and the New York Mets keeps me grounded.
Stats for nerds (and sponsors) ...
- Typical weekly web traffic: 2,500–3,500
- Typical monthly web traffic: 9,000–12,000
- Geo: 46% of unique users are in the United States
- Email open rate: 30+% open rate floor
- Email member growth: 4+%
- Last updated: Monday, May 16, 2022
About this site ...
My articles focus on the business impact of marketing and communications. I email and post articles on the follow the schedule...
- Mondays: Long article on the business impact of marketing
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays: Linked list from around the web
- Wednesdays: Personal insights + original photo (members only)
- Fridays: Wrap-up from the week + podcast
- Sundays: No weekly articles; Monthly promotion emails
I aim to publish insightful articles that help business leaders deliver effective communications in times of change. Paid memberships directly support this site.
- Join for free and receive my weekly B2B communications, marketing and technology email newsletter
- Join for $5/month and receive my weekly B2B communications, marketing and technology email newsletter plus access to my photo-based personal articles
- Join for $50/year and receive my weekly B2B communications, marketing and technology email newsletter plus access to my photo-based personal articles (at a 17% discount)
How to follow and share ...
- Read my articles via web (link)
- Read my articles via email (link)
- Read my articles via RSS (link)
- Find me on Twitter (link)