Today's marketing leaders ignore the impact of fundamental business principles, ignoring the need to adjust their leadership styles during a time of change:
- Transformational changes within industries
- Organizational changes within businesses
- Expectation changes with clients and partners
- Internal team changes
Without proper leadership, company and product messaging and positioning have negative impacts on culture, productivity and relationships. And this impact is felt with clients, partners and internal teams.
This impact also creates a distraction in brand equity and demand-generation efforts that modern organizations depend on for key partnerships and recurring revenue.
To me, building deep relationships is the key to massive, long-term success.
About the author ...
Hi. I'm Wil.
An expert in delivering B2B communications initiatives, my background is in business development, marketing, technology and telecom. A few notable things about my career:
- Creator of the original Atlassian User Group model, connecting users around the world with Atlassian, its employees and its partners
- Data analytics for Align Communications, delivering a new lead generation relationship model for data center and managed services clients
- Digital transformation for Blackfoot Communications, creating automation and transactional-based programs for wholesale, enterprise, small business and residential audiences
Author and publisher of three books:
- How to Build a Small Business Marketing Plan (link)
- Food Trucks: Increase your sales with new revenue opportunities and customer experiences (link)
- Wil's Travel Guides: Phoenix, AZ (link)
When not delivering transformational communications projects, I'm usually traveling, taking photos and tasting new coffee. Supporting an odd combination of the Cleveland Browns, Liverpool FC and the New York Mets keeps me grounded.
Stats for nerds (and sponsors) ...
- Typical weekly web traffic: 2,500–3,500
- Typical monthly web traffic: 9,000–12,000
- Geo: 46% of unique users are in the United States
- Email open rate: 40+% open rate floor
- Email member growth: 4+%
- Last updated: Thursday, June 2, 2022
How to follow and share ...
- Read my articles via email (link)
- Read my articles via web (link)
- Read my articles via RSS (link)
- Find me on Twitter (link)
My posting schedule ...
I publish articles, newsletters and podcast episodes sporadically throughout the week, with a goal to publish each piece by 6:00 am US-Eastern time. The topics I cover include business, marketing, technology and personal insights:
- Just one thing...: A short, daily article from something I've recently consumed as it relates to a covered topic (see above)
- A weekly round up: A longer article with some personal thoughts and a summary of the week's articles
- Podcasts: Weekly episodes posted on Substack (and available on your favorite podcast player)
When subscribing to my updates, you can select to receive any or all of the posts listed above. (You can sign up for free or for an annual contribution.)
The few days that don't include new posts:
- Personal or sick days
- Federal holidays
Updated July 5, 2022.