Thanks to everyone that showed up on Wednesday! A lot of new faces and a lot of great discussions, including a terrific talk on landing that assignment from Maria.
A handful of topics from yesterday’s meeting included:
- Get Out: If you are looking to land an assignment, you need to get out there! That means have your own spot on the web – through mediabistro.com or by having your own website.
- Managing Online:
- Show Off: Make sure you have a place to show off your portfolio. Pick a handful of your best work so you interested parties can easily view your work.
- Notes: Take a notepad and pen with you wherever you go – you never know when a great idea / story will appear!
- New York Marathon: Why run? What do you do the hour / day / week after finishing the race?
- SBDC: The Small Business Development Center is a terrific resource for anyone interested in all aspects of business. (If anyone is interested, I visit the Columbia campus once a month and it’s VERY helpful!)
Our first FRIDAY meeting is scheduled!
- Time: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM (Stop by when you can, for as long as you can!)
- Venue: The Village Pourhouse
- Updates: Click here to receive email updates about upcoming meetings
- We started a series called Upper West Side: Meet Your Neighbor. If there’s anyone you’d like me to reach out to (including you!), do let me know.
- Guest Speaker: If you’d like to speak on a topic at the next meeting, let me know!
- Member Directory: It’s up! Let me know if you want to be added.
A huge thanks goes to The Dead Poet Bar. The team has been very helpful and generous with their time and support (and giveaways!). Even if you’re not attending one of these meetups, stop for a drink and a neighborhood chat.