A few thoughts post USA v. Brazil friendly…
- Congested USA Midfield: Edu, Jones. They’re the same players. It’s like England starting Lampard and Gerrard (and Barry and…). Mix it up a bit. In a game like Brazil, maybe let Bradley be the holding midfielder with Torres and Donovan in the middle.
- Donovan looks slow and weak against Brazil. Could be because he’s coming off a hat trick against Scotland. I’m not his number one fan.
- Neymar is the real deal. His runs off the ball, and his touch is amazing. I cannot wait to see him with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, etc. at Barca.
- Hercules is a good looking forward. Good tempo and seems to not get flustered, even when working along up top.
- It’s Brazil. I mean, they bring in Pato in the 70th minute. We bring in Beckerman. Just sayin’.
- I love watching Bradley play. Skills, toughness, hustle. He should take over the Captain America mantle when Bocanegra retires.
Finally, Marcelo is a dirty player. For club and country.
(This is an affiliate link to Amazon.)