Thanks to everyone that showed up yesterday! Another great turnout with more lively discussions. A few topics that were brought up included:
- The relevance of Twitter (and why it’s important to be using it)
- Business cards (Sorry, I was way off: 500 for $30 + shipping)
- Payment processing for small / independent organizations
- Pinterest: Fad or for real?
In case you are curious to see how people find out about the Upper West Side Work from Home Meeting, here are a few tweets over the past few days. Thanks to all for promoting!
— MyUpperWest (@MyUpperWest) March 20, 2012
— Jen Maguire Coughlin (@jmagNYC) March 20, 2012
— West End Preserv Soc (@WEPS_nyc) March 21, 2012
— New York Picks (@NewYorkPicks) March 21, 2012
— westsiderag (@westsiderag) March 21, 2012
Meeting number seven has been scheduled! Let’s shoot for Wednesday, April 18 for the next meeting (more details here). With the weather being so nice, we may have to move the meeting to the front patio!
- We started a new series called Upper West Side: Meet Your Neighbor. If there’s anyone you’d like me to reach out to (including you!), do let me know.
- Guest Speaker: I’m going to see if I can get someone to swing by and say a few words (maybe 15 minutes worth) about working from home. In the previous poll, some folks liked this idea and some didn’t. Maybe we can give it a try and see how it works.
- Upcoming Events: Jen is working with an artist at the Bowery tonight. Send her a note for more details.
- Member Directory: It’s up! Let me know if you want to be added.
A huge thanks goes to The Dead Poet Bar. The team has been very helpful and generous with their time and support (and giveaways!). Even if you’re not attending one of these meetups, stop for a drink and a neighborhood chat.
A follo up thanks goes out to the Beastie Boys – Thanks for attending yesterday and helping to get everyone together.